[one-users] suspend vs stop

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 20:41:55 PDT 2009

Sorry, I didn't read the documentation very carefully.
Now I found this about the status:
stop (virtual machine state is transferred back to OpenNebula for a possible reschedule)
suspend (virtual machine state is left in the cluster node for resuming)

So I understand the difference. For the stopped one, I do find the image file in the var directory (I am using nfs so it simply didn't delete the images directory after onevm delete"). But I am still confused on how to use to "onevm stop".
Is it only useful in the following sequence?
* use the VM and change its contents.
* shutdown the VM in the OS
* onevm stop
* onevm delete
* The reuse the image file
This way I get a updated image file for the VM.

Other than the above scenario, I cannot think of any use of it. If that is the case, why wouldn't "stop" combine "delete" into it?
I am sure I am missing something important.

Shi
--
Shi Jin, PhD