[one-users] specify range instead of size in vnet

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:17:04 PDT 2009

Hi there,

>From http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:vgg, I
know there are two ways to create virtual network
1. fixed range by specifying each MAC/IP in the lease
2. ranged by setting NETWORK_SIZE and NETWORK_ADDRESS

However, I am wondering if this can be done in a more flexible way, by
specifying the start and end addresses. I want to do this is that
sometimes we want to do a whole subnet but for a few particular
addresses we don't want to put it in the pool. For example, I may want
192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 network but the 192.168.0.1 address might be
created with other mechanisms. I guess this might be easily
implemented, right? Another example may be I want to have
10.1.0.128-10.1.255.255 in the pool, but it is hard to set the
NETWORK_SIZE and it is awkward to list all the numbers in the fixed
setup.

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.