[one-users] LVM Question

Gavin netmatters at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:36:14 PST 2009

2009/11/5 Gavin <netmatters at gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm very happy to see that LVM has been included in 1.4, however I
> just have one question at the moment regarding implementation.
>
> Based on the following in the documentation:-
>
> "/dev/default/ttylinux must exist in the node where the VM will be
> deployed. This can be achieved either by creating the device by hand
> or by using more complicated techniques like exporting a LVM to a
> cluster. "
>
> I have configured my controller for LVM but my nodes are not, how do I
> create an LVM device on the nodes so that they can see the LVM
> partitons on the controller ???

Hello again,

Please excuse my ignorance, I am just busy with a deployment and want
to set this up so that I do not have to mess around with it again once
it is live.

I've successfully used OpenNebula using NFS with the main storage
attached to the controller and the nodes just sharing storage space
from there.

With the LVM setup does this mean that I need LVM (VG's) on all nodes
as well ???

Can someone please provide me with a little more of an explanation on
their 'working' LVM setup.

Thanks and Regards,
Gavin