[one-users] Onevm create and deploy

Raul Sampedro raul.sampedro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 00:45:51 PDT 2009

Hello Peng,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Peng Zhao <blackass at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
> I'm new to opennebula. By reading the doc, I got some clues, however there
> is still some question.
> What's the difference between "onevm create" and "onevm deloy"?

onevm CREATE, is used to create a new VM and then the scheduler deploy the
VM to a resource and onevm DEPLOY, is used when you want to deploy a VM
specifying the host resource.

>From the CLI manual, it looks like I need to "create" before "deploy" it to
> some particular host. However, in the quickstart guide, there is no such
> step. It only runs "onevm submit" and seems the vm got started
> automatically.

onevm SUBMIT is the same that CREATE, but submit was saved for compatibility
with the older versions of OpenNebula. At this moment SUBMIT and CREATE is
the same

> I look into the nebula source and found out there is a scheduler module. My
> question is: if the VMs created will be scheduled automatically, why I have
> to create it before "deploy"?

The job of the scheduler is to find a resource for the VM it do for you the
DEPLOY, of course you can unload it and deploy yourself the VM.

Cheers!