[one-users] Fwd: Permissions of Checkpoint file

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Fri Jul 31 09:37:58 PDT 2009

FYI

---

Hi Richard,

This turned out to be an issue dependant on linux distributions. In
most of them, the default virsh connection uri is qemu:///system,
which makes the libvirt daemon to perform operations as root. I've
filed an issue to make OpenNebula configurable in this regard [1].

Meanwhile, a possible workaround is to patch the
$ONE_LOCATION/lib/mads/one_vmm_kvm.rb, changing lines 48-56 to read:

  LIBVIRT       = {
      :create   => "virsh -c qemu:///session create",
      :shutdown => "virsh -c qemu:///session  shutdown",
      :cancel   => "virsh -c qemu:///session destroy",
      :save     => "virsh -c qemu:///session save",
      :restore  => "virsh -c qemu:///session restore",
      :migrate  => "virsh -c qemu:///session migrate --live",
      :poll     => "virsh -c qemu:///session dominfo"
  }

Libvirt daemon will create the checkpointing file with <oneadmin> ownership.

Hope it helps,

-Tino

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/131

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova