[one-users] Xen images with pygrub

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Jan 2 07:25:58 PST 2009

Hi,
	You are totally right, the current driver wont even let you use the RAW
attribute to specify the bootloader, as you said it requires the KERNEL
attribute. I've filed a bug for this, so you can track the updates:

http://trac.opennebula.org/ticket/61

We are planning for a somehow longer release cycle for 1.2, so this will be
solved in beta2

Cheers

Ruben

On Friday 02 January 2009 11:33:10 Carlos Bernal wrote:
> Hi to all:
>
> I'm trying to install and configure openNebula on Centos 5.2 with Xen. The
> VM built using the tools provided by Centos (virt-manager, virt-install...)
> are created using disk-image files: the file contains partitions and boot
> sector. The VM is started using pygrub. I think this format is very
> convenient for VM management but is incompatible with OpenNebula: it
> expects that KERNEL, INITRD, etc. paths are declared in the virtual machine
> template file.
>
> There are plans to support this type of VM format? Is feasible to write a
> module or modify Xen driver to support this?
>
> Thanks in advance

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor
 Distributed System Architecture Group (http://dsa-research.org)