[one-users] Xen images with pygrub

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Jan 5 16:28:25 PST 2009

Hi,
	This feature has been implemented, changes are in the trunk. You can safely
apply the patch from the changeset (http://trac.opennebula.org/changeset/295)
to the beta1 source tree. If you give it a try let us know if it worked for
you. We've also updated the documentation, take a look at:

http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.2:ug#os_and_boot_options_section

Cheers

Ruben

On Friday 02 January 2009 11:33:10 Carlos Bernal wrote:
> Hi to all:
>
> I'm trying to install and configure openNebula on Centos 5.2 with Xen. The
> VM built using the tools provided by Centos (virt-manager, virt-install...)
> are created using disk-image files: the file contains partitions and boot
> sector. The VM is started using pygrub. I think this format is very
> convenient for VM management but is incompatible with OpenNebula: it
> expects that KERNEL, INITRD, etc. paths are declared in the virtual machine
> template file.
>
> There are plans to support this type of VM format? Is feasible to write a
> module or modify Xen driver to support this?
>
> Thanks in advance

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor
 Distributed System Architecture Group (http://dsa-research.org)