[one-users] Failure warnings with Xen + shutdown

Niraj Tolia ntolia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:48:38 PST 2009

When I run "onevm shutdown", I get the following error in oned.log

Fri Feb 13 15:40:39 2009 [VMM][D]: Message received: SHUTDOWN FAILURE
11 Domain 'one-11' does not exist.

I initially thought I was getting this error because I was using
xen-unstable but when I started looking through the code, I saw this
snippet in one_vmm_xen.rb

std_action("SHUTDOWN", "shutdown #{args[3]} \\&\\& sleep 10 \\&\\&
sudo #{XM_PATH} destroy #{args[3]} \\&\\& sleep 4", args)

If 'xm shutdown' suceeds, xm destroy should return an error as the
domain doesn't exist anymore. This can probably be easily fixed by
replacing the command with something like 'xm shutdown -w <arg> || xm
destroy <arg>' .

Cheers,
Niraj