[one-users] Question about tm_mv.sh

Niraj Tolia ntolia at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:21:37 PST 2009

Hi,

So, I was playing with OpenNebula's and seeing how its Transfer
Manager plugins would be modified to work with a SAN. I seem to have
figured it out but I am confused about why tm_mv.sh is being called
when an image is marked with DISK = [clone = "no", ...] and the VM is
stopped.

[1] says that only "if the save qualifier is activated the image will
be saved for later use under $ONE_LOCATION/var/<VID>/images." However,
my VM template has no save section specified and [2] indicates that it
should be OFF by default. So, is this a bug in the code and/or the
documentation or am I misunderstanding something?

Cheers,
Niraj

[1] http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.2:sm
[2] http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.2:ug