[one-users] EC2 query API with ec2-api-tools etc

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Mon Dec 21 09:53:48 PST 2009

Hi Blair,

comments inline,

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Blair Bethwaite
<blair.bethwaite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tino,
>
> 2009/12/11 Tino Vazquez <tinova at fdi.ucm.es>:
>> Also, I suggest looking at the server logs
>> ($ONE_LOCATION/var/econe-server.log) to check if the petition is being
>> received, it may shed some light as to why is failing.
>
> I had hoped to do this without having to fiddle around with setting up
> my own test infrastructure - looks that may be unavoidable. I've
> started configuring a test cloud using the VMware drivers (more about
> that experience in a separate message later...).

Yep, sorry for that, giving access to the log would be complicated.
Please do tell about your VMware experience, we appreciate feedback.

> Looking at the EC2 query API guide it looks like handling of SSH keys
> is not included in the ONE implementation. I guess ONE would do this
> based on contextualization configuration for the ONE account
> initiating the request?

Exactly, using contextualization you can pass a ssh key and configure
the ssh access for a particular user. If you are interested in this
particular use of the contextualization server and do not know where
to start, drop a line to the list and will try to give hints on how to
take this on.

> Cheers,
> ~Blair

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova