[one-users] Problems with scons command: "host_parser.h:228: error"

Alvaro Canales accleo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 08:53:50 PDT 2008

Hola Javier!

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Javier Fontan <jfontan at fdi.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hello Alvaro,
>
> I don't really know what can be happening to your modifications but I can
> give you some hints:
>
>  * main_env seems not to be defined, it needs to. "main_env=Environment()"
> is commented.

Yes, you're right, but if I left it as follows:

main_env=Environment()
main_env['ENV']['PATH']=os.environ['PATH']

I get the problem related to "no compiler found".
By the way, I can make scons be aware of where my compiler is by doing this:

main_env=Environment()
path = ['/OVS/software/bin', '/bin', '/usr/bin']
main_env = Environment(ENV = {'PATH' : path})

>  * This line "main_env['ENV']['PATH']=os.environ['PATH']" probably does
> exactly what you want, gets the path from the environment. If you have your
> executables in other places just add them to PATH environment and scons will
> import that paths.

Yes,  that's what I thought! But the fact is that I have "/OVS/software/bin"
in my PATH (and I can see that it is the compiler being used, thanks to
"which")!

>  * The problem you are getting in the first place (before modifying
> SConstruct) is caused by scons not finding the compiler. Leave SConstruct as
> it was and before calling scons add "/OVS/software/bin" to your path.

Yep. I agree. But it is already done ;)

> Anyhow, we are about to release a new technology preview pretty soon. I can
> not tell you exactly when (we are right now finishing things). In this
> release we address some issues as the flex/bison requirements (now that
> files wont be rebuilt again by default so you wont need these utilities).

Cool!

> Bye

Thank you for your help, anyway :)

--