[one-users] Problems with scons command: "host_parser.h:228: error"

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Jun 17 08:21:16 PDT 2008

Hello Alvaro,

I don't really know what can be happening to your modifications but I
can give you some hints:

   * main_env seems not to be defined, it needs to.
"main_env=Environment()" is commented.
   * This line "main_env['ENV']['PATH']=os.environ['PATH']" probably
does exactly what you want, gets the path from the environment. If
you have your executables in other places just add them to PATH
environment and scons will import that paths.
   * The problem you are getting in the first place (before modifying
SConstruct) is caused by scons not finding the compiler. Leave
SConstruct as it was and before calling scons add "/OVS/software/bin"
to your path.

Anyhow, we are about to release a new technology preview pretty soon.
I can not tell you exactly when (we are right now finishing things).
In this release we address some issues as the flex/bison requirements
(now that files wont be rebuilt again by default so you wont need
these utilities).

Bye