[one-ecosystem] OpenVZ driver

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:50:53 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm writing to announce a new OpenVZ VMM driver for ONE.  [1]

This driver is being developed at High performance computing center at
Kiev Polytechnic Institute. We develop this driver to enable managing
VMs that are part of our internal infrastructure with ONE.

This driver is new and is only lightly tested.

We have implemented and tested the following features:
-- VM creation and deletion;
-- VM deployment and shutdown;
-- VM live migration (implemented with vzmigrate --online);
-- VM migration.

What is missing is a proper virtual network manager; support for veth
is also missing. We just didn't evaluate how much work would take
adding veth, that might turn out to be simple (or not...)

Wiki [1] describes the installation process (basically: install latest
ONE from git repository and apply our install script to patch the
installed instance).

We have found a few quirks in ONE (described at the bottom of wiki
page [1]) that need to be fixed in ONE.  But our repositories contains
workarounds that are applied automatically by installation script.

We intend to integrate our code into ONE, but we don't know what
process should we follow.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/gribozavr/opennebula-openvz/wiki/Home