[one-ecosystem] [one-ovz-driver] Networking

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Fri Jun 15 04:03:28 PDT 2012

You are right, the place to connect the VM with the network is on VM
instantiation, hence 'deploy script'. In the rest of the hypervisors
we describe these connection in the VM description but I'm not
familiar with OpenVZ way of doing this.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Radosław Morytko
<radoslaw.morytko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on a openvz hypervisor for one and I have a question
> regarding processing network information during deployment of the
> given vm.
>
> My code will be responsible for applying all the configuration from
> deployment file as well as, to quote from a documentation,
>
> 'When a new Virtual Machine is launched, OpenNebula will connect its
> network interfaces (defined in the NIC section of the template) to the
> bridge or physical device specified in the Virtual Network
> definition.'
>
> I was wondering where the best place to put the code for doing all the
> work is and at present the best candidate is the 'deploy' script. Am I
> right or there is more appropriate solution?
>
> Regards,
> Radoslaw Morytko

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula