[one-ecosystem] OpenVZ drivers for OpenNebula

Dariusz Chrząścik dariusz at chrzascik.com
Tue Jun 19 02:55:13 PDT 2012

Dear All,

It gives me a great pleasure to announce support for OpenVZ platform in
OpenNebula.

For the time being, we've implemented the following features:

  * Virtualization Manager Driver
      o deploy (including contextualization, deployment file's <RAW>
        nodes passed to vzctl during container creation)
      o cancel, reboot, shutdown
      o livemigration
      o poll
      o restore & save
  *
    Information Manager Driver
      o beside basic probes there are OpenVZ specific ones such as:
        CURRENT_CPU_UTIL, NODE_CPU_POWER or MEMORY_ALLOC

The project is based on our ruby-openvz's fork :
https://github.com/dchrzascik/ruby-openvz/. However, there is currently
pull request waiting to be integrated into openvz gem.

We've put a lot of effort into covering driver features by tests in
mocked environment as well as in the fully functional one.

There is a similar project developed by agroup of developers from 'High
performance computing centre at Kiev Polytechnic Institute'. However,
we've agreed that in future we'll cooperate and possibly merge some
lacking features into our project.

  * Name of the Component: one-ovz-driver
  * URL of the Component: https://github.com/dchrzascik/one-ovz-driver
  * Brief description: Set of drivers that allows you to use OpenVZ as a
    hypervisor in OpenNebula
  * Type (tool/extension/plugin): plugin
  * License (proprietary/OSS): OSS (Apache License v2.0)
  * OpenNebula Version: 3.4
  * Author (person or organization developing the code): Ryłko Marta,
    Morytko Radosław, Chrząścik Dariusz
  * E-mail: rylko.marta at gmail.com, radoslaw.morytko at gmail.com,
    dariusz at chrzascik.com

Dariusz Chrząścik