[one-ecosystem] OpenVZ drivers for OpenNebula

Dariusz Chrząścik dariusz at chrzascik.com
Tue Jun 19 06:33:45 PDT 2012

W dniu 19.06.2012 11:55, Dariusz Chrząścik pisze:
> Dear All,
>
> It gives me a great pleasure to announce support for OpenVZ platform
> in OpenNebula.
>
> For the time being, we've implemented the following features:
>
>   * Virtualization Manager Driver
>       o deploy (including contextualization, deployment file's <RAW>
>         nodes passed to vzctl during container creation)
>       o cancel, reboot, shutdown
>       o livemigration
>       o poll
>       o restore & save
>  *
>     Information Manager Driver
>       o beside basic probes there are OpenVZ specific ones such as:
>         CURRENT_CPU_UTIL, NODE_CPU_POWER or MEMORY_ALLOC
>
> The project is based on our ruby-openvz's fork :
> https://github.com/dchrzascik/ruby-openvz/. However, there is
> currently pull request waiting to be integrated into openvz gem.
>
> We've put a lot of effort into covering driver features by tests in
> mocked environment as well as in the fully functional one.
>
> There is a similar project developed by agroup of developers from
> 'High performance computing centre at Kiev Polytechnic Institute'.
> However, we've agreed that in future we'll cooperate and possibly
> merge some lacking features into our project.
>
>   * Name of the Component: one-ovz-driver
>   * URL of the Component: https://github.com/dchrzascik/one-ovz-driver
>   * Brief description: Set of drivers that allows you to use OpenVZ as
>     a hypervisor in OpenNebula
>   * Type (tool/extension/plugin): plugin
>   * License (proprietary/OSS): OSS (Apache License v2.0)
>   * OpenNebula Version: 3.4
>   * Author (person or organization developing the code): Ryłko Marta,
>     Morytko Radosław, Chrząścik Dariusz
>   * E-mail: rylko.marta at gmail.com, radoslaw.morytko at gmail.com,
>     dariusz at chrzascik.com
>

> --
> Regards,
> Dariusz Chrząścik
I forgot to specify some details about authors. Here is the correct version:

  * Name of the Component: one-ovz-driver
  * URL of the Component: https://github.com/dchrzascik/one-ovz-driver
  * Brief description: Set of drivers that allows you to use OpenVZ as a
    hypervisor in OpenNebula
  * Type (tool/extension/plugin): plugin
  * License (proprietary/OSS): OSS (Apache License v2.0)
  * OpenNebula Version: 3.4
  * Author (person or organization developing the code): Development:
    Dariusz Chrząścik, Marta Ryłko, Radosław Morytko, Supervision:
    D.Eng. Marcin Jarząb, Orgnization: AGH University of Science and
    Technology Kraków, Poland
  * E-mail: dariusz at chrzascik.com, radoslaw.morytko at gmail.com,
    rylko.marta at gmail.com