[one-users] Queries regarding Storage Backend for DataStore

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:29:25 PST 2015

We are using glusterfs-fuse as our storage backend. It outperforms single
NFS servers and scales better, we have looked into qemu-glusterfs native
integration however its not quite ready for prime time deployments. The key
is to have well balanced storage hardware and fast networks. For our
storage we like to use few high performance cores attached to a DAS with
some SSD caching. Then we scale out as needed and let glusterfs / network
hardware balance out the performance. Opennebula actually makes it really
easy to scale out as well with multiple system data stores. We don't
necessarily have to add more bricks to gluster volumes, we just add more
volumes and then create more system data stores for i/o load balancing.