[one-users] Queries regarding Storage Backend for DataStore

Robert Foote rfoote at bpsnode.com
Wed Jan 14 06:08:44 PST 2015

Neelesh:

Just a quick FYI – We are also running a Nexenta SAN with our OpenNebula deployment.

At the moment, we are utilizing NFS mounts from the Nexenta SAN for our datastores, over a 10Gb switched storage network.

This has worked well until we got into the ~250 VM mark. Running VM’s are still maintaining great storage performance, and hitting upwards of 8k iops when needed.

However, the initial deployments of VMs now, are quite bogged down, and can take upwards of an hour or more to deploy a single VM with a 100Gb drive. We believe this is now due to some NFS bogging. We are currently in the process of moving to iSCSI with our OpenNebula + Nexenta deployments, and are expecting a boost in performance as it relates to the initial deployment of VMs.

Robert Foote

Chief Technical Officer

Phone | 1-800-611-8763 Ext. 201

www.bpsnode.com