[one-users] Sharing VIP between VMs

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Wed Jan 7 09:52:33 PST 2015

Dmitri Chebotarov <dchebota at gmu.edu> writes:

> Hi,

Hello,

> Does anyone run pacemaker/corosync cluster in VMs hosted on Opennebula?
> Is it possible to share VIP?
>
> With ARP cache poisoning feature enabled
> (http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2318) it's not possible to add
> aliased VIPs to the cluster. Unless I manually run 'ovs-ofctl add-flow
> br0 in_port=305,arp,dl_src=<MAC>,nw_src=<VIP>...' on the host.
>
> The ARP poisoning block can be globally disabled in
> /var/lib/one/remotes/vnm/OpenNebulaNetwork.conf, but is it possible to
> selectively disable it for a specific VMs only.

There is a feature request to add multiple MAC or IP addresses[1] and
another one to override configuration per networks[2].

Making it configurable per VM, so configurable by users, may be a little
risky.

I prefer the solution of sharing reserved addresses.

Regards.

Footnotes:

[1]  http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2348

[2]  http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/3387

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: gpg --recv-keys 0xCC1E9E5B7A6FE2DF