[one-users] LVM over iSCSI or NFS for OpenNebula

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.systems
Tue Feb 17 00:58:25 PST 2015

Hi,

> - I can create VMs successfully but very very slow performance.

Are you using virtio drivers? I also recommend playing with the 'cache'
parameter. How well does it perform compared with I/O operations in the
hypervisor? Is the storage the problem here or the Virtualization layer?

- Also when I created VM on node1 and try to migrate it other vm it does
> not work as logical volume of that VM on node2 is inactive.

have you set up cLVMd? I think for your setup the best approach is:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.10/administration/storage/fs_lvm_ds.html

Or something like GFS2.

cheers,
Jaime

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 12:08 PM, <ngurjar at neeleshgurjar.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am setting up OpenNebula on 2 nodes and 1 storage on 1Gb Network.
> - installed Nexenta Community Version on Storage and created iSCSI LUN.
> - Access those LUNs on both nodes and created Volume Group on it.
> - Configured LVM Block Datastore in OpenNebula.
> - I can create VMs successfully but very very slow performance.
> - Also when I created VM on node1 and try to migrate it other vm it does
> not work as logical volume of that VM on node2 is inactive.
>
> What do you recommend for this type of setup for Shared Storage LVM, NFS?
> Please note that I need to use 1GbE copper due to budget limitations.
>
> Regards
> Neelesh Gurjar

Jaime Melis
Senior Infrastructure Architect at OpenNebula Systems (formerly C12G Labs)
jmelis at opennebula.systems | @OpenNebula
--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is