[one-users] datastore layout question

ngurjar at neeleshgurjar.co.in ngurjar at neeleshgurjar.co.in
Tue Feb 17 00:46:52 PST 2015

Hi Steve,
Normally If I have to use NFS based shared hosting then I mounted
/var/lib/one directly on all nodes instead of mounting datastores
seperately.

Else recently I configured multiple OpenNebula Nodes with local
/var/lib/one directory added one Node just for backup and sync only
datastores of all nodes on that backup node. So that I can easily live
migrate VMs to that backup Node from any node.
It worked well for me. Pros:
1. Speedy managing instances as it uses local storage.
2. Live Migration works
3. Very Low cost compare to Fiber infrastructure
4. No need for separate Network storage as backup node can work as
OpenNebula Host.

Cons:
1. It cannot be realtime sync but you set cron for every minute
2. Need to monitor syncing.

Regards
Neelesh Gurjar