[one-users] "Official" Debian packages

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.systems
Tue Feb 17 00:53:13 PST 2015

Hi Alberto,

I can confirm what Daniel said. We have no current plans of updating the
offical Debian package of OpenNebula. Debian packaing guidelines are very
strict and as Daniel mentioned it's a very big job.

Daniel, I apologize, but somehow I was not aware of #3129. I will update
the ticket now.

regards,
Jaime

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Daniel Dehennin <
daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org> wrote:

> Daniel Dehennin <daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> > It's a big work, for now lintian is far from being happy[3]
>
> [...]
>
> > [3]  c.f. attachement
>
> Missing attachement, sorry.
>
> --
> Daniel Dehennin
> Récupérer ma clef GPG: gpg --recv-keys 0xCC1E9E5B7A6FE2DF
> Fingerprint: 3E69 014E 5C23 50E8 9ED6  2AAD CC1E 9E5B 7A6F E2DF
>

> P: opennebula source: source-contains-prebuilt-java-object
> src/oca/java/lib/xmlrpc-common-3.1.2.jar
> N:
> N:    The source tarball contains a prebuilt Java class file. These are
> often
> N:    included by mistake when developers generate a tarball without
> cleaning
> N:    the source directory first. If there is no sign this was intended,
> N:    consider reporting it as an upstream bug.
> N:
> N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: possible
> N:
> N:    Check: cruft, Type: source
> N:
> P: opennebula source: source-contains-prebuilt-java-object
> src/oca/java/lib/xmlrpc-client-3.1.2.jar
> P: opennebula source: source-contains-prebuilt-java-object
> src/oca/java/lib/ws-commons-util-1.0.2.jar
> P: opennebula source: source-contains-prebuilt-javascript-object
> src/sunstone/public/vendor/crypto-js/sha1-min.js
> N:
> N:    The source tarball contains a prebuilt (minified) JavaScript object.
> N:    They are usually left by mistake when generating the tarball by not
> N:    cleaning the source directory first. You may want to report this as
> an
> N:    upstream bug, in case there is no sign that this was intended.
> N:
> N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: possible
> N:
> N:    Check: cruft, Type: source
> N:
> E: opennebula source: source-is-missing
> src/sunstone/public/vendor/crypto-js/sha1-min.js
> N:
> N:    The source of the following file is missing. Lintian checked a few
> N:    possible paths to find the source, and do not find it.
> N:
> N:    Please repack your package to include the source or add it to
> N:    "debian/missing-sources" directory.
> N:
> N:    If this is a false-positive, please report a bug against Lintian.
> N:
> N:    Severity: serious, Certainty: possible
> N:
> N:    Check: cruft, Type: source
> N:
> P: opennebula source: source-contains-prebuilt-javascript-object
> src/sunstone/public/vendor/crypto-js/enc-base64-min.js
> E: opennebula source: source-is-missing
> src/sunstone/public/vendor/crypto-js/enc-base64-min.js
> [...]

Jaime Melis
Senior Infrastructure Architect at OpenNebula Systems (formerly C12G Labs)
jmelis at opennebula.systems | @OpenNebula
--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is