[one-users] ONE 4.8: Some OVS / cgroups / spice questions?

Jhon Masschelein jhon.masschelein at surfsara.nl
Mon Sep 29 06:08:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am installing a new Opennebula 4.8 cluster.
(Been running a 3.2 cluster for the last couple of years and finally upgrading.)

At this point, I have a split oned+mm_sched / sunstone (nginx+passenger) cluster with two hypervisor hosts and I can successfully start VMs, so the basic setup is good.

I now have a few questions I hope I can get some pointers on:

1. Open VSwitch - bridge creation.
Using the open VSwitch network driver, I cannot add a PHYSDEV. Does this mean that I need to create the bridges on the hosts manually?
Considering that for regular 802.1Q bridges, opennebula does this for me, I expected it to be done automatically for OVS too?
Is there a technical reason why this would not be possible?

2. cGroups
I am installing on CentOS7 and the whole cgroup system has been merged with systemd.
I am having troubles matching the cgroup info on the documentation site with the new "cgroup in systemd" and was wondering if any prior art already exists?
Is the current implementation of cgroup in opennebula 4.8 supposed to work with the systemd setup?
(I am comfortable working with systemd.)

3. SPICE client
How am I supposed to connect to the spice socket? I have a local spice client and from the deployment file I can get the port number, but what IP should I connect too?
Is there a ws-proxy like thing to set up? I can't seem to find any info in the documentation…
Or do I need to make the hypervisor hosts available directly on the internet? (Not something I am really willing to do.)

Thank you for reading and thanks for any info!

Best regards,

Jhon