[one-users] Local system datastores and free space monitoring

Pentium100 pentium100 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 03:18:10 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am testing OpenNebula with local storage (local SSDs are faster than
shared storage), however, I do not understand how (and if) OpenNebula
monitors the available free space in each hypervisor.

Let's say I add "filesystem" datastore with "ssh" TM. It looks to me like
only the free space on the control node is monitored, while hoping the the
hypervisors have enough space on them. So, if one HV has some resources
left but the storage is full how will it know not to create new VMs there?

Now, I could add each hypervisor as a separate datastore, but I do not see
a way to associate "data store X is dedicated to hypervisor X", or
OpenNebula would try to create VMs on HV1 with storage on HV2.

Is there a way to make OpenNebula monitor each hypervisor and its free
space?