[one-users] Datastore and Gluster + Cluster

Amier Anis mymabma at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 10:28:30 PDT 2014

Dear Team,

I would like to know little bit more about system datastore + gluster and
cluster.

node 0 - FrontEnd
node 1 - Hypervisor 1
node 2 - Hypervisor 2

Cluster 1
node 3 Hypervisor 3
node 4 Hypervisor 4

Cluster 2
node 5 Hypervisor 5
node 6 Hypervisor 6

GlusterFS Storage 1 - mount to frontend to datastore 0
GlusterFS Storage 2 - mount to frontend to datastore 100 - for Cluster 1
GlusterFS Storage 3 - mount to frontend to datastore 101 - for Cluster 2

I believe that all glusterfs storage need to mount to Frontend and
hypervisor node.

my question is

   1. Should I mount datastore 0 to all hypervisor node even it is
   clusters? or
   2. Do i only mount for each datastore to each clusters. let say
   GlusterFS Storage 1 for non-cluster node, glusterfs 2 for cluster 2 and etc.
   3. In cluster 1, I only mount glusterfs 2 and set it as system datastore
   and image datastore. no datastore 0,1,2 in cluster 2.

Which is the proper one?
How do I set glusterfs as system and image datastore in opennebula. I only
can set images datastore.

Thanks in advance your kind help.

Thanks you.

Regards & Best Wishes,

*.: Amier Anis :.*
Mobile: +6012-260-0819
------------------------------
IMPORTANT:
This e-mail (including any attachment hereto) is intended solely for the
addressee and is confidential and privileged. If this should have been sent
to you in error, you are not to reproduce, distribute or take any action in
reliance on it. Kindly notify us and delete the e-mail and all attachments
immediately.

As e-mail and/or attachments may contain viruses and other interfering or
damaging elements, the receipt and/or downloading of e-mail and/or
attachments will be at your own risk and we accept no liability for any
damage sustained as a result of any such viruses; you should carry out your
own virus checks before opening any attachment.