[one-users] Problems to delete image completely

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Sep 9 02:28:18 PDT 2014

Hi Christoph,

It may be a bug in the core, but probably what is happening is that some DB
writes are failing. Do you have any related error messages in oned.log?

When checking these kind of problems, you should be aware that one* list
gets the information directly from the DB, and one* show gets the
information from the oned daemon cache. If there is any inconsistency,
things went wrong.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Christoph Pleger <
Christoph.Pleger at cs.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> > I created an opennebula disk image (ID 292) and used it in a VM, the VM
> > did not work, so I deleted first the VM and then the image. But somehow,
> > opennebula still knows that image. That is, 'oneimage list' still lists,
> > among others, disk image 292, but any further action on it, like delete
> or
> > show, says " [ImageInfo] Error getting image [292]."
> >
> > How can I completely remove that image from the opennebula database?

You can stop opennebula, and then remove the row with oid 292 from the
image_pool table.

Now, I have another problem with another image: I made an image
> persistent, created a VM with it, deleted the VM but opennebula said that
> the image was still in use. Then, I changed the image mode to
> non-persistent, 'oneimage list' now shows state READY, but when I try to
> create a new VM with that disk image opennebula still says that the disk
> is already in use.
>
> How can I reuse that image?

The fsck tool [1] should fix that. Stop opennebula, run fsck, and it will
fix the Image state.

Regards.

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.8/administration/references/onedb.html
--