[one-users] Contextualization with Cloud-init debug

vincent at vanderkussen.org vincent at vanderkussen.org
Thu Oct 30 08:29:37 PDT 2014

On 2014-10-30 15:33, Javier Juarez wrote:
> Hi dudes,
>
> I´m trying to make a small provisioning of our VMs based on cloud-init
> without success. The contextualization process works well apparently
> (our
> network interfaces and ssh keys have been deployed), but I think that
> the
> cloud-init phase does not work at all. Any ideas about how to debug
> this
> kind of behaviour after the contextualization step.
>
> We are using OpenNebula versión 4.8.0, our images have the
> contextualization package version 4.8.0 and our context file looks like
> that:
>
> CONTEXT=[
>   NETWORK="YES",
>   SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="$USER[SSH_PUBLIC_KEY]",
>   USER_DATA="#cloud-config
> bootcmd:
>   - yum clean all
>   - yum -y update
> packages:
>   - tree
>   - lsof
> runcmd:
>   - curl http://sfs.csic.es/mri-installer/scripts/install_mri.sh|sh
>   - curl http://sfs.csic.es/chef-installer/scripts/install_chef.sh|sh"
> ]
>
> thanks in advance,
> Javier

Hi Javier,

Since cloud-init uses yaml for its config file you need to make sure
indentation/syntax is correct.
You can see this in the cloud-init logfile inside the VM (something like
: can't read yaml blob).

What OS are you using for the VM? When its CentOS/RHEL with Selinux
enabled, you'll probably need to
install a SELinux policy (i needed to in CentOS7).

Regards,
Vincent