[one-users] How to protect a virtual network from being used by users?

Pavel Tankov pavel.tankov at strategyobject.com
Fri Oct 24 03:08:48 PDT 2014

Hello,

I (as oneadmin) have configured two virtual networks:
- one named "default" for use by regular users to deploy disposable test VMs
- one named "SPECIAL" for use by the admin to create servers that will
not be disposable but will stay always ON

Both networks have different IP ranges so that you could easily tell
whether it's a server or a disposable test VM by looking at it's IP address.

I have set up Opennebula with LDAP authentication. LDAP users
authenticate just fine and are able to create themselves VMs using those
templates that the admin has allowed for them. Now, I'd like to make so
that only "default" virtual network is exposed to regular users, and
"SPECIAL" is not seen by them.

Currently, both networks have the following permissions:

- Owner: use, manage
- Group <none>
- Other: <none>

Users still can use both of these when they deploy a test VM although
permissions clearly state they shouldn't be able to see any of them.

What is wrong with the permissions?

--
Pavel Tankov