[one-users] econe server "connection reset by peer"

Parag Mhashilkar parag at fnal.gov
Wed Oct 15 09:06:26 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

It doesn't seem to be DB limitation.

The info gets stored in the field body of user_pool which is medium text.
mysql> desc user_pool;
+---------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field   | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| oid     | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| name    | varchar(128) | YES  | UNI | NULL    |       |
| body    | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| uid     | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| gid     | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| owner_u | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| group_u | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| other_u | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
+---------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The actual content of the body with ~300 keys is ~240K bytes which is much less then the documented (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/storage-requirements.html) limit of L + 3 bytes, where L < 224
mysql> select body from user_pool where name = "nova" into outfile '/tmp/parag.db1';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
[oneadmin at fermicloud198 ~]$ wc --bytes /tmp/parag.db1
240136 /tmp/parag.db1

Also, the contents of the field in DB are valid base64 encoded. So there is no chance of DB truncating the info.

We suspect the limit is somehow artificially imposed in the server. However we were not able to figure out where and how it is configurable.

Thanks & Regards