[one-users] CoreOS on opennebula

Randy Smith rbsmith at adams.edu
Fri Oct 10 10:35:23 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I've played with it but had some issues with the network (which may have
been my fault). Unfortunately, I couldn't troubleshoot it because I was
unable to set a password through cloud-config because opennebula kept
interpreting the dollar signs in the password hash as variables. Note that
CoreOS uses their own homegrown cloud-config system rather than the one
being developed by Canonical and others so that tricks like base64 encoding
the cloud-config (to get around the password bug) don't work.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Ruben S. Montero <rsmontero at opennebula.org>
wrote:

> AFAIK, not... but we'll be very interested in the result and feedback
> about it.
>
> Keep us updated!
>
> Cheers
>
> Ruben
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Sander Klein <roedie at roedie.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I anyone using CoreOS on OpenNebula? I'm thinking about doing this
>> because we have a mix of kvm machines and docker containers.
>>
>> Greets,
>>
>> Sander

> Ruben S. Montero, PhD
> Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
> www.OpenNebula.org | rsmontero at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

Randall Smith
Computing Services
Adams State University