[one-users] Infiniband, nodes and VMs

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:28:34 PDT 2014

You can use a native Infiniband protocol called eIPoIB to allow VMs to
communicate over Infiniband. This should be transparent to open nebula. If
you are trying to push RDMA to the VM then you need to look into the SR-IOV
features of the newer mellanox cards and the opennebula plugin for SRIOV
support in VMs.

Shankhadeep

See this presentation for details on eIPoIB

https://www.openfabrics.org/index.php/ofa-documents/doc_download/510-ethernet-tunneling-over-ipoib.html