[one-users] opennebula 4.8 can't detect the capacity

Huynh Dac Nguyen ndhuynh at spsvietnam.vn
Wed Nov 19 03:19:24 PST 2014

Hi All,

After search some articles and mailing list and try my best, my ceph
datastore can't monitor the capacity.

1) How can opennebula detect the size of ceph?
   - Opennebula is a ceph-mon?
      If yes, how can oneadmin user can run the rados command to show
the capacity, only root can do that? It must be "sudo rados", right?

   - The opennebula accesses to ceph-mon(font-end) with password-less
to run "ssh ho-srv-ceph-02 rados df | grep Total"
      If yes, i need an user oneadmin in ceph-mon and ability to run
rados df without sudo, so how? only root can run rados in this case.

2) Was any step i missed ?

Some description for my system:
Ceph:
- Deploy:        ho-srv-ceph-01
- MON,OSD:   ho-srv-ceph-02,ho-srv-ceph-03,ho-srv-ceph-04
- Sudo:           "ceph ALL = (root) NOPASSWD:ALL" for all

Opennebula:
For testing ceph datastore only, i use one standalone server with
oneadmin user
Opennebula:   cloudlab-02
Prepare for ceph:
- password-less from ceph-deploy
- Sudo:            "ceph ALL = (root) NOPASSWD:ALL" for all
- in ceph-deploy
[root at ho-srv-ceph-01 ~]#ceph-deploy install cloudlab-02

I use use ceph to access from ceph to opennebula  and user oneadmin to
access from opennebula to ceph

Following the official document:
- in ceph monitor
[root at ho-srv-ceph-02 ~]# ceph osd pool create one 64

- in opennebula front-end
[oneadmin at cloudlab-02 ~]$ cat ceph.one
NAME      = ceph
DS_MAD    = ceph
TM_MAD    = ceph

DISK_TYPE = RBD
POOL_NAME = one

BRIDGE_LIST = ho-srv-ceph-02
[oneadmin at cloudlab-02 ~]$ vi ceph.one
[oneadmin at cloudlab-02 ~]$ onedatastore create ceph
ceph1.one  ceph2.one  ceph.one
[oneadmin at cloudlab-02 ~]$ onedatastore create ceph.one
ID: 105

Thank you.

Regards,
ndhuynh

This e-mail message including any attachments is for the sole use of the
intended(s) and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the original message and destroy all copies
thereof.