[one-users] network_pool out of sync with vm_pool ONE4.8

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Mon Nov 17 06:49:14 PST 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014, Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Steven C Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:
>       Due to an ongoing issue with having to purge the vm_pool of my
>       database from time to time, I inadvertently did the purge while
>       8 vm's were still active and thus leases
> were still allocated.
>
> I ran onedb fsck to clean it up.  It successfully cleaned up the
> host_pool table to show
> no running vm's.  It also said that it updated the network_pool table
> to show
> no allocated leases but it did not do so.
>
> The network_pool table  in ONE4 holds all 1000 leases of this
> particular vnet in a single row of the table.
> Correctly executing a manual mysql query to clean it up would be
> almost impossible.
>
> Suggestions on what to do to clean it up?
>
> Steve Timm
>

> Unfortunately there is no easy workaround.
>
> If you want to dig into the AR/ALLOCATED attribute, you will find a string
> with pairs of numbers: <index> <binary>.
> To identify the pairs you must delete, get the binary numbers that match the
> mask 0x0000001000000000. Then, the operation & 0xFFFFFFFF will give you the
> VM ID.
>
> Best regards.
> --
> Carlos Martín, MSc
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

It was a bit easier in my case because the cloud was empty at the
moment and so i knew I had to delete all allocated pairs. so
I dumped the table using mysqldump and then went in using a text editor to
remove all allocated pairs. Then did a onedb fsck again to make sure
the database was clean before restarting opennebula again.

All is ok now.

Steve

\

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Office:  Wilson Hall room 804
Fermilab Scientific Computing Division,
Currently transitioning from:
Scientific Computing Services Quadrant
Grid and Cloud Services Dept., Associate Dept. Head for Cloud Computing

To:
Scientific Computing Facilities Quadrant.,
Experimental Computing Facilities Dept.,
Project Lead for Virtual Facility Project.