[one-users] network_pool out of sync with vm_pool ONE4.8

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Nov 17 03:37:36 PST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Steven C Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

>  Due to an ongoing issue with having to purge the vm_pool of my database
> from time
> to time, I inadvertently did the purge while 8 vm's were still active and
> thus leases
> were still allocated.
>
>  I ran onedb fsck to clean it up.  It successfully cleaned up the
> host_pool table to show
> no running vm's.  It also said that it updated the network_pool table to
> show
> no allocated leases but it did not do so.
>
>  The network_pool table  in ONE4 holds all 1000 leases of this particular
> vnet in a single row of the table.
> Correctly executing a manual mysql query to clean it up would be almost
> impossible.
>
>  Suggestions on what to do to clean it up?
>
>  Steve Timm

Unfortunately there is no easy workaround.

If you want to dig into the AR/ALLOCATED attribute, you will find a string
with pairs of numbers: <index> <binary>.
To identify the pairs you must delete, get the binary numbers that match
the mask 0x0000001000000000. Then, the operation & 0xFFFFFFFF will give you
the VM ID.

Best regards.
--
Carlos Martín, MSc