[one-users] How to fix hosts with deleted /var/tmp/one files

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu Nov 13 07:30:27 PST 2014

In several occasions in the past I have forgotten to
tell my tmpwatch utility not to delete files out of /var/tmp/one
and thus I have seen most of the remotes get deleted off of
my cloud hosts, but opennebula 4.8 doesn't report any problems.

I try to fix the remotes by doing "onehost sync" and nothing happens.
I try to disable/enable the host and nothing happens there either.
The only thing that seems to revive it is if I actually
onehost delete/ onehost create.

IS it possible for the remotes to add an integrity check?
They should not be reporting the host is "on" if the datastores
directory of remotes has been totally deleted.
Also is it possible to configure the directory other than the
default /var/tmp/one?  Finally is it possible to
redistribute the remotes short of a onehost delete / onehost create?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Office:  Wilson Hall room 804
Fermilab Scientific Computing Division,
Currently transitioning from:
Scientific Computing Services Quadrant
Grid and Cloud Services Dept., Associate Dept. Head for Cloud Computing

To:
Scientific Computing Facilities Quadrant.,
Experimental Computing Facilities Dept.,
Project Lead for Virtual Facility Project.