[one-users] Do we need to mount /var/lib/one with ceph

Huynh Dac Nguyen ndhuynh at spsvietnam.vn
Sun Nov 9 18:38:05 PST 2014

Dear Ruben,

Thank you for replying

So what happens if the front-end opennebula is down
the /var/lib/one isn't mounted,only System Datastore is mounted,
then the VM can't work, right? (the vm requires image and additional
files)

Can you explain why we don't need to export the whole /var/lib/one ?

Regards,
Ndhuynh

>>> "Ruben S. Montero" <rsmontero at opennebula.org> 11/7/2014 4:52 PM

Hi Ndhuynh

Ceph storage in OpenNebula is handled as follows:

1.- Image Datastores, hold disk images repository as well as images for
running VMs in a Ceph volume
2.- System Datastore holds additional VM files, checkpoints, context
disks and the like.

If you need live-migration the easiest way is to have a shared
filesystem for the System Datastore. You don't need to export the whole
/var/lib/one, just the datastore directory, though.

If you do not need to live-migrate VMs you should be ok with a ssh
based system datastore....

Cheers

On Wed Nov 05 2014 at 12:09:47 PM Huynh Dac Nguyen