[one-users] Do we need to mount /var/lib/one with ceph

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 7 01:52:18 PST 2014

Hi Ndhuynh

Ceph storage in OpenNebula is handled as follows:

1.- Image Datastores, hold disk images repository as well as images for
running VMs in a Ceph volume
2.- System Datastore holds additional VM files, checkpoints, context disks
and the like.

If you need live-migration the easiest way is to have a shared filesystem
for the System Datastore. You don't need to export the whole /var/lib/one,
just the datastore directory, though.

If you do not need to live-migrate VMs you should be ok with a ssh based
system datastore....

Cheers