[one-users] iSCSI Synology

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon May 12 02:49:06 PDT 2014

Christophe,

there are two ways to use iSCSI:

1) The orchestrator (OpenNebula) communicates with the NAS and provisions a
new iSCSI target for each image. In OpenNebula this is *only* supported
with linux based NAS with ssh and tgtadm.

2) You can manually mount pre-existing luns in the opennebula frontend and
nodes, and set up a shared file system on top of them. This is transparent
to OpenNebula and therefore it is supported.

cheers,
Jaime

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Christophe Duez <
christophe.duez at student.uantwerpen.be> wrote:

> Hello,
> Anyone that has succeed in combining a synology nas with opennebula?
> The reason why I ask is in the documentation <http://archives.opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.4:iscsi_ds>they
> say that the iSCSI Target
> needs password-less sudo permission for: tgtadm
> however when i'm root there is no such command tgtadm in my synology
> nas....
> any solutions or tips?
> Kind regards

Jaime Melis