[one-users] Resume paused VM due to full system datastore

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Mon Mar 31 04:19:52 PDT 2014

"Ruben S. Montero" <rsmontero at opennebula.org> writes:

> Hi

Hello,

[...]

> Note also that we can re-send from OpenNebula a deploy action (virsh
> create, in your case) with onevm boot (or through the play icon in
> Sunstone) for UNKNOWN, however there is no way to send from OpenNebula a
> 'virsh resume' command.

I was looking for this, or at least, the kvm monitoring could display
that the VMs is in “paused” state.

I'll emulate a DS full to see which information can be reported to the user.

> BTW OpenNebula 4.4 should control the system datastore usage (even not
> shared) and not schedule VMs to prevent taking all the space, you can even
> limit manually the size used by OpenNebula. Is this not working for
> you?

Unfortunately, this cluster is using ONE 4.2.

The problem occurs not on new scheduled VM but when qcow2 images grow
up, when the DS is full, any VM trying to write, making their disk
bigger, are “paused” by libvirt/kvm.

Regards.

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: gpg --recv-keys 0xCC1E9E5B7A6FE2DF