[one-users] "force" deploy of VM

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Mar 19 07:08:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Mario Benincasa <mbeninca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Carlos for your answer.
>
> About your suggestion, do you mean calling the fault tolerance script
> (host_error.rb) with the "-f" option?
> Or some more tweaking?
> Because the comments in the oned.conf file say "force resubmission of
> suspended VMs".
> In my case VMs are not in suspended state, but in pending state.
> Resubmission means redeploy, i.e. new VM id allocated?
>
> Thanks
>
>     Mario

I was suggesting to modify the script, and perform the onevm deploy just
after the vm.delete(true) call.
The hook is a simple ruby script (host_error.rb), it shouldn't be too
difficult. But if are not familiar with the ruby API, you can also create
another bash script to perform the deployment, and then call that one from
the host_error.rb hook.

Let us know if you run into any problems.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/> | cmartin at opennebula.org |