[one-users] scheduler interval

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 7 01:58:06 PST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Andrea Gardiman <andreagardiman at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Dear all,
> I do not understand the usefulness of the scheduler parameter
> "SCHED_INTERVAL". Why the scheduler act as a periodic task and have to wait
> a fixed period to schedule all the pending jobs instead of to be
> event-driven and schedule immediately a request?
> What are the benefits and the drawbacks, besides the wait?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>  Andrea Gardiman.

The scheduler is a separate daemon. So it polls the core periodically to
look for pending VMs.

The usefulness of the SCHED_INTERVAL is that, combined with the other
config parameters [1] MAX_DISPATCH and MAX_HOST, allows you to configure a
"buffer" to deploy VMs little by little, or immediately as they come.

Regards

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/administration/references/schg.html

--
Carlos Martín, MSc