[one-users] ACL rules - vDCADMIN

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Fri Jun 6 04:04:59 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm playing with vDC's and vDCADMIN accounts. I've created a vDC (group,
admin user for group and added a resource provider):

onegroup create --name UNDEF --admin_user VDCADMIN_UNDEF
--admin_password notdisclosed --resources TEMPLATE+VM --admin_resources
TEMPLATE+VM+IMAGE+NET

onegroup add_provider UNDEF 0 103

   ID     USER RES_VHNIUTGDCOZ   RID OPE_UMAC  ZONE
   32     @104     V----T-----     *     ---c     *
   33       #7     ----U------  @104     umac     *
   34       #7     V-NI-T-----  @104     um-c     *
   35     @104     -H---------  %103     -m--    #0
   36     @104     --N----D---  %103     u---    #0

According to the ACL's the vDC Admin "VDCADMIN_UNDEF" should have permissions
to create templates and images. The "VDCADMIN_UNDEF" however does not
have the ability to create a new template / image. There's no green
"plus" symbol that allows you to create a new template / image. Am I
missing something here?
I've explicitly added an ACL to grant all rights for resource
"Templates" but to no avail (#7 TEMPLATE/* USE+MANAGE+ADMIN+CREATE *).

Thanks,

Stefan