[one-users] Template versioning

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 22 02:08:28 PDT 2014

Hi Ondra,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Ondrej Hamada <ondrej.hamada at acision.com>
 wrote:

> Hi guys,
> does OpenNebula offer some sort of template versioning? I've encoutered
> problems few times that some of my templates got modified without
> knowing about it - I'm not sure whether it was done by another admin or
> whether it was a bug in susnstone. Thus it would be nice to have some
> history on template changes.
>
> Ondra

That's not supported, but seems like a nice thing to have. Please open a
request at http://dev.opennebula.org/ so we can consider it for future
releases.

Oh, by the way, even if you don't have the older versions, you can still
know who modified a template looking for these lines in oned.conf [1]. They
contain the UID (user ID) that modified the template:

Tue Jul 22 11:06:40 2014 [ReM][D]: Req:8640 UID:0 TemplateUpdateTemplate
invoked, 1, "CONTEXT=[...", 0
Tue Jul 22 11:06:40 2014 [ReM][D]: Req:8640 UID:0 TemplateUpdateTemplate
result SUCCESS, 1

Regards

[1]
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/administration/references/log_debug.html#logging-debugging