[one-users] VM's in State: FAILED

Mateusz Skała mateusz.skala at budikom.net
Thu Jul 17 04:30:20 PDT 2014

Hi, Thank You for answer.

W dniu 2014-07-15 15:07, Carlos Martín Sánchez napisał(a):
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Mateusz Skała
<mateusz.skala at budikom.net> wrote:

Hi,
After reboot my kvm host I have some VM's in state FAILED. There is
no other option to repair this VM than use "delete --recreate", but
if I use this, data stored into VM disrepair. What I'm doing wrong?
How can I get recover VM from damaged host without data lost?

Unfortunately, there is no way to recover a VM from failed.

I spend more time on testing this function, please confirm that if image
is presistant, then data stored on disk will be avilable after use
'delete --recreate'  function?

Second question, if I log into VM and send command "poweroff" then
console window ends, but VM is in "RUNNING" state and I can't start
console. The only way to log into this VM is reboot. Why VM can't
change state to shutdown/poweroff automatically?

This will actually change in the upcoming 4.8 release. If the VM guest
is shutdown, the VM will be moved to the 'poweroff' state.

Ok, so we are waiting for 4.8.

---
Best regards,
Mateusz