[one-users] Failed VMs because of VNC port conflict

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Jul 17 02:52:32 PDT 2014

Hi

The only thing you can do is to manually set the VNC port (or disable ir),
which It is not very convenient. We are considering a solution as the one
you propose (VNC table with ports in use) in your email as part of
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2980

Cheers

Ruben

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Ondrej Hamada <ondrej.hamada at acision.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
> we are recently having problems with VNC port conflict. Our recent VM
> IDs are arroung number 100000, we keep creating quite a lot of new VMs
> and terminating the old ones. But some of the old ones are kept for long
> term purposes. Time to time our VMs failed on creation because their
> designated VNC port is already used. We have probably met the corner
> case as described in http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2045
>
> My question is - is there any way to fix it except disabling VNC? Have
> you ever considered keeping a table of reserved VNC ports per host in
> OpenNebula's db?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Ondra

> attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you for
> understanding.

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect