[one-users] Failed VMs because of VNC port conflict

Ondrej Hamada ondrej.hamada at acision.com
Thu Jul 17 00:36:19 PDT 2014

Hi guys,
we are recently having problems with VNC port conflict. Our recent VM
IDs are arroung number 100000, we keep creating quite a lot of new VMs
and terminating the old ones. But some of the old ones are kept for long
term purposes. Time to time our VMs failed on creation because their
designated VNC port is already used. We have probably met the corner
case as described in http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2045

My question is - is there any way to fix it except disabling VNC? Have
you ever considered keeping a table of reserved VNC ports per host in
OpenNebula's db?

Thank you in advance

Ondra

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you for understanding.