[one-users] VM basic networking (NAT / Bridge)

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Jul 3 07:54:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

Although it can be done we generally not recommend doing NAT, only bridge
network. To do so the typical requirements are to:

For all hypervisors:
- create a bridge(for example: br0)
- add a physical interface to that bridge (for example eth0)

In the OpenNebula Frontend
- connect the VMs to that bridge by specifying it in the network resource

If you have already done this, it will typically be a routing problem. You
will need to send us "ip route" run *both* in the server you are trying to
connect from and in the VM.

regards,
Jaime

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Anandharaj Subramaniam <
anandharaj.maniam at mimos.my> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> Im setting up test environment to evaluate and understand more about
> OpenNebula. Everything is completed without any issues, but for VM virtual
> network, I cant figure out  how to configure. How can I use like NAT /
> bridge network in VM so that the VM can have network connection? Currently,
> I added the Host with dummy network driver and created a new virtual
> network with default driver. The VM detected the network card but the
> connection doesn’t work. Is there anything that I have missed?
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Anandharaj
>

> ------------------------------
>  *DISCLAIMER:*
>
>  This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only and
> may be confidential, especially as regards personal data. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please note that any dealing, review, distribution,
> printing, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
> delete the original message (including any attachments).
>
>  MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the purview
> of the Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Opinions,
> conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not relate to the
> official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries shall be
> understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or its
> subsidiaries and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts
> responsibility for the same. All liability arising from or in connection
> with computer viruses and/or corrupted e-mails is excluded to the fullest
> extent permitted by law.

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org