[one-users] Unable to auto start one and sunstone service in Ubuntu 13.10

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Jan 30 01:29:29 PST 2014

Hi Kiran,

That sounds very interesting, at some point it would be great if you could
elaborate a bit more on exactly how you have done it, but it looks really
nice.

The thing about self contained mode is that it's desgined for development
or for custom solutions, such as yours. It's not intented for packaging or
to provide commercial supoprt.

So, in your particular case, I think you can fix this quite easily.
Continue with the self-contained mode, but instead of copying those scripts
(one and sunstone-server), install these files to /etc/init.d:
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/share/pkgs/Ubuntu/opennebula
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/share/pkgs/Ubuntu/opennebula-sunstone

Then, make some changes to them so they work for system contained mode. It
shouldn't be much change, maybe just sourcing the file were you have the
ONE_LOCATION variable defined before doing one start and one stop.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jaime

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:06 PM, kiran ranjane <kiran.ranjane at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jaime,
>
> May I know which version of Ubuntu is officially supported for self
> contained mode as we will be only using self-contain mode for Opennebula
> because we have setup Automatic failover and failback of cloud management
> without using luci/ricci or pacemaker/corosync.
>
> This setup is simple and very robust using ucarp,rsync and master-master
> mysql replication, easy to setup and maintain, no complex things, no split
> brain and works like a charm.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Kiran Ranjane
>

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Jaime Melis <j.melis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 13.10 is not yet supported. Can you instead use 13.04? You would be able
>> to use packages then.
>>
>> If you must use 13.10, you should install from source in *system-wide*
>> mode, not self-contained, and the copy these scripts to /etc/init.d (no the
>> ones in the bin folder):
>> https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/tree/master/share/pkgs/Ubuntu
>>
>> regards,
>> Jaime
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM, kiran ranjane <kiran.ranjane at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have installed ONE 4.4 from source and it is working fine, However
>>> After reboot of the server one and sunstone service does not start, I have
>>> to start it manually.
>>>
>>> -- I have copied the one and sunstone script from the bin folder to
>>> /etc/init.d/ and also updated it in rc using update-rc.d one defaults and
>>> same for sunstone but it still does not start after a reboot.
>>>
>>> -- I have install 4.4 in self-contained mode and variables are properly
>>> configured as I can get the one command from shell prompt.
>>>
>>> Kindly let me know what else I can do to start the service after a reboot
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Kiran Ranjane

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org