[one-users] Setting up IPv6..

Nicolas Bélan nicolas.belan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:42:01 PST 2014

Hello

You can not have IPv6 address automatically set in something other than
a /64 in opennebula (or I did not find the check box ...)
IPv6 address is derivative from the MAC address, someting like
<prefix/64>:<mac address>
So, using context package is a easy way to set IPv6 on openNebula
instance ;)

What I have found:

in vnet, you may set CONTEXT_FORCE_IPV4, to force IPv4 AND IPv6 on NIC.
If not, if an IPv6 is set, NO IPv4 will be setup ...
in vnet, you may set GATEWAY6 to the IPv6 address of your gateway (easy ...)
on vnet setup (warn, not after ...), you may set IPv6 Global Prefix (a
public, routable, IPv6, given by a LIR/RIR, /64 address) OR IPv6 Site
Prefix (fc00:: kind of address).

Using context, it works (I have found a Bug in 4.2, but I think it is
fixed in 4.4).
You have something like that in vnet leases, for site prefix.

	IP 	MAC 	IPv6 Site 	IPv6 Global

	VM:147 	172.16.13.1 	02:00:ac:10:0d:01
fc00:16:93:13:400:acff:fe10:d01 	--

One set, you can not change the Site or Global prefix (in 4.2) ...

Best regards,
Nicolas