[one-users] Run the VM on another data center

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Jan 21 04:28:43 PST 2014

Hi

Just wanted to add that as part of OpenNebula 4.6 we are going to focus an
important amount on effort on re-designing and improving Ozones server and
federation capabilities of OpenNebula. More details will come shortly in a
post... so we can comment more on this.

However, as described by Javi, there are underlying limitations that
prevents distant migrations, some application aware migration would be more
effective in these situations.

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Vlad Mirel <vlad.mirel at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello again!
>
> In the documentation you have sent me I did not find anything related to
> the migration of a VM from one data centre to another one, but only about
> managing them from within a data centre.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:09:06 +0200
> From: ionut at hackaserver.com
> To: vlad.mirel at outlook.com
> Subject: Re: [one-users] Run the VM on another data center
>

> http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/advanced_administration/multiple_zone_and_virtual_data_centers/index.html
> On 1/17/2014 8:38 AM, Vlad Mirel wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  I thought clusters were residing inside the same open nebula data
> center. But I have 2 independent data center, each with it's own opennebula
> middleware.
>
>  Am I missing something?
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:05:32 +0200
> From: ionut at hackaserver.com
> To: users at lists.opennebula.org
> Subject: Re: [one-users] Run the VM on another data center
>

> You will need to look for the opennebula clusters !
> On 1/16/2014 10:10 AM, Vlad Mirel wrote:
>
> I have installed and configured two OpenNebula data centres (A and B).
>
> I have successfully created and run a VM on A. Next I suspended it, at
> which point its checkpoint was created. Resuming the VM also works.
>
> My question is, given the suspended VM from A and its checkpoint, how can
> I run it from B (deploy on one of B's hosts + resume)?
>
> Thanks for any help!

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect